The series of Euroleague’s biggest matches started yesterday in Belgrade. If this fact alone wasn’t enough to get you into European club basketball, here are 16 reasons why you should be excited about the Euroleague Final Four.
- The Euroleague is the most prestigious basketball competition in Europe
- In the home of European basketball – Belgrade
- You will get to see the future of the sport through Youth and 3×3 tournaments
- Some of the world’s best players are stationed within a few kilometers from each other. Stalk safely
- Talent everywhere
- Dončić, Datome, Rodriguez, Kalinć, Carroll, Jankunas…
- You can simply join a group of overjoyed fans for a pre game drink.
- The trophy itself is kinda beautiful
- You like lists
- Belgrade is a beautiful place to be, no matter where you’re from
- Amazing games are a guarantee
- Tickets are still available, if you know where to look
- You will become part of a slightly fanatical, basketball loving brotherhood
- Every bar, coffee shop and an ocasional beauty salon is playing the games, as the city grinds to a halt. Impressive, even for the non sports types
- The Fan Zone at Kalemegdan
- Millions of people take away whatever they need from basketball. Whether it’s joy, self fulfillment, relaxation… Time to find out what works for you.